Briefly about Progressive Jackpots
I know that many casino newbies are reading my guide. Therefore, in the first part of it, I will tell you what a progressive jackpot is. If you are an experienced gambler, just skip this part and move to another one.
So, a progressive jackpot is a jackpot that gets bigger after playing every game until the main prize is won. In detail, every single bet made by a casino player in a particular game goes to the jackpot fund. Then there is a lucky moment when some gambler hits that jackpot which can sometimes be several million euros.
The main benefit of playing casino games with progressive jackpots is the golden opportunity to win some crazy amount of money with just one bet. Plus, such a chance remarkably increases the thrill players feel when making their next bet. No wonder, spinning the online slot reels is much more fun when you know that it can change your life completely.
I must admit that progressive jackpots are not totally perfect. Don’t get me wrong; there are no drawbacks of winning millions of euros. I’m talking about lower payout rates that are usually offered by casino games with a progressive jackpot. It means you are not going to have too frequent winnings. Actually, it makes sense, as otherwise, online casinos would simply go bankrupt paying jackpots and high winnings to everyone. In any case, such a disadvantage should not make you forget about an excellent idea to hit the jackpot someday. As you know, nothing ventured — nothing gained.
Main Types of Jackpots
Did you know that there are other types of jackpots apart from the progressive ones? If not, it’s time to learn about it. Although my guide is mainly about progressive jackpots, I am going to tell you about different types of them.
- Fixed jackpots. As it is easy to understand from the title, such a jackpot has a fixed amount that never changes.
- Pooled jackpots. This type of jackpot consists of the bets made by players in multiple casinos.
- Local jackpots. In contrast to the previous type, local jackpots are entirely composed of the bets that were made by players in one casino. It’s still a progressive jackpot, by the way.
- Multiple jackpots. Online slots that feature multiple jackpots offer... more than one jackpot; you got it right. Such jackpots usually are much lower than the progressive ones, but you have an opportunity to hit all of them if the luck is on your side.
Tips on Choosing the Right Progressive Jackpot (GUIDE)
You might feel confused about reading about all those types of jackpot. But no worries, I am going to tell you only about the progressive ones here. The point is, they are the only jackpots that are incredibly big, and thus, practically every online gambler aims to get one.
Although every casino says that the jackpot is just a matter of luck, I can claim that it is not the only factor. You certainly need to know how to choose the right slot that offers a progressive jackpot. Otherwise, you can find out that you spent a lot of money playing a game that doesn’t pay at all. Some players also take a big risk registering in shady casinos with a poor reputation that often keep their winnings unpaid.
Vital steps to make to choose the best progressive jackpot:
If you want to win big and play safe, follow the five steps of my guide and be sure the chosen game has a great progressive jackpot.
1. Check your prefered gaming developer for progressive jackpots
If you have at least some gaming experience, you probably have several favourite providers for top-quality graphics, unusual features, or good wins. Your task now is to check whether some of them create games with progressive jackpots.
Let me tell you how to do it. You have to use the filter located on the right side of my website. Just click on the “Slots”, find your prefered gaming developer, and look through the list trying to find games with progressives. It is as simple as it seems. This filter can also be used for other purposes. For example, you can find casinos with a well-designed mobile version if you like playing with your smartphone or tablet.
2. Find out when the last jackpot was won
As you might guess, progressive jackpots are not won every day. A casino needs some time to collect a certain amount of money. Therefore, I suggest you check the day when the last jackpot was hit. If you found a game where it happened recently, skip it and keep looking for better options.
Basically, you are going to search for a long time. Luckily, there are tools that can help you. I am talking about jackpot trackers a lot of which can be found on the internet. They are the websites that provide gamblers with updated info about jackpots in various online casinos.
3. Choose a game with maximum high RTP percentage
If this is not the first guide you are reading on my website, you know that the higher the RTP, the higher your chances to win. This rule works for progressive jackpot slots, too. As I already mentioned, such slots give you fewer chances to win compared to the table games or classic slots. That’s the price you pay for that golden opportunity to hit the jackpot someday. If the big win is not your goal, opt for usual games that don’t decrease their RTP because of collecting money for the progressive jackpot.
Although the game you need is going to have the RTP lower than others, it should not be too low. You have to enjoy the playing process, don’t you? Remember to always check the RTP rate of the game you choose. If this information is not clear, try to find another one.
I know that all online gamblers always pay attention to the RTP. That’s why my website gives everyone a possibility to sort casino games according to their Return to Player rate. Use this feature to see the most lucrative games to play.
4. Play the demo version before betting for real mone
When casino beginners are asking me for good advice, I always say the same, “try a demo version of the game first”. It is a great way to learn the basics and understand whether you like playing it or not. Most online casinos provide users with demo versions of most of their games.
If you found a good slot with a progressive jackpot, but the casino does not have its demo, you can find it on my website. I often update the list of demo versions and regularly add new ones there.
5. Take a look at the list of top casinos and pick the one you like the most
When you are sure that a certain game is right for you and you feel like betting real money, it’s time to decide in what casino to play it. I must say, it is not that easy to find a reliable place that will provide you with a positive gaming experience and allow you to withdraw the money easily if you hit the jackpot.
If you do not want to spend much time on looking for a trustworthy casino, just pick one from my casino list. Whatever site you choose, it is licenced by UKGC. Some of them also hold licences from other reputable testing organisations such as the Malta Gaming Authority. Moreover, these casinos are also certified by iTechLabs and eCOGRA, which proves the fairness of their games. To add, I checked reviews about each of the casinos and selected only the ones with positive feedback from players.
Best Progressive Jackpots in the World
At this point, you might be asking yourself which game you should pick to win big. I have to say that the selection of progressive jackpots is large. Nevertheless, there are some games that have remained the leaders for many years. Let me show you them:
- Mega Moolah. This is an incredibly popular progressive jackpot slot all over the globe. Moreover, this game offers one of the highest winning amounts. The slot was developed by Microgaming, and it has a good RTP for a progressive — 94%. So far, the largest jackpot paid by the Mega Moolah slot machine was £15,890,344.
- Major Millions. This is another video slot created by Microgaming. It has a significantly lower RTP — 89%. However, lots of gamblers from different countries like Major Millions for its features and graphics. The highest jackpot ever won in this slot was £1,600,909.
- Hall of Gods. Well, it’s definitely time to remember another famous provider. Here is a NetEnt product with a fantastic RTP as high as 95.3%. Speaking of the highest amount of money ever won here — as for now, it is £6,950,385
- Mega Fortune. One more video slot developed by NetEnt. Its name perfectly represents the essence of the game as the highest jackpot ever won in this slot machine is £15,873,951. When it comes to the RTP rate, Mega Fortune offers 96%, which is great.
- Beach Life. The mentioned progressive slot machine is beach-themed and has the RTP rate of 93%. Even though Beach Life is far not as popular as the previous games, it is still worth your time. By the way, the highest jackpot here is £5,523,871, which is quite promising.
- Jackpot Giant. If you want not just try to hit the jackpot but also enjoy the play, this mythical game is perfect for you. Jackpot Giant is a 5-reel slot machine that has 94.22% RTP. The most significant win in this game was £5,234,364 so far. Do you want to be the next lucky guy?
- King Cashalot. This 9-payline slot created by Microgaming is based on the story of a gold-obsessed king. If you are the one after his riches, try this game with 91% RTP and the largest win of £1,135,096,94.
- Arabian Nights. This themed slot machine was brought by NetEnt. The game has top-quality graphics and mindblowing sound design. When it comes to details, Arabian Nights has 96.25% RTP, which is pretty good for a progressive slot. The highest jackpot paid by this game was £7,674,804.
- Empire Fortune. This game is created by Yggdrasil, and it is one of a few jackpots that can boast of a high RTP (94.3%) at the same time. With the help of a Jackpot Wheel feature, you can test your luck and win more than £2 million out of a £2 bet so don’t miss your chance.
- Funky Fruits. Although this progressive slot is the last one in my list, it is not the least lucrative one. Funky Fruits created by Playtech is a fruit-themed video slot with 93.97% of RTP. Speaking of its highest payout, it’s £1,923,155.
Top 3 Providers of Progressive Slots
Probably you noticed that most slot machines with decent progressive jackpots were developed by top gaming providers — Microgaming, NetEnt, and Playtech. I have some interesting information to tell you about each of them. If you wanna gamble like a pro, there are some facts you need to know.
Let’s start with the incontestable leader in the gambling industry. This company was launched in 1996 and quickly became one of the most famous gaming providers. NetEnt is mostly focused on creating slot machines, some of which offer players progressive jackpots.
|Avg. time between distributions
|Hall of Gods
|Mega Fortune Dreams
Top Netent casinos to play progressive jackpots:
Microgaming is another gaming developer known by practically every gambler. The company has created hundreds of video slots with impressive quality graphics. By the way, Microgaming specialises in developing table games as well. Nevertheless, the most famous product of this brand is definitely the super-paying Mega Moolah progressive jackpot.
|Avg. time between distributions
Top Microgaming casinos to play progressive jackpots:
The Estonian company has been creating gaming products since 1999. At the moment, Playtech’s collection includes all kinds of betting games that are available for players all over the globe. Although the company does not offer too many progressive slots, they are still worth trying.
|Avg. time between distributions
Top Playtech casinos to play progressive jackpots:
TIPS: What You Should Do To NEVER WIN a Progressive Jackpot
I decided to add some fun to my guide. Let me show you the list of suggestions you need to follow to never hit the jackpot. Accordingly, if you do want to win, you need to ignore each of these recommendations. I truly believe that soon you are going to tell me your great story about winning a progressive jackpot on one of the gaming sites from my list.
As we were talking about tips-to-ignore, let’s cut to the chase!
- Never play demos. There is no reason to spend your time playing games that cannot bring you any money. Need to learn some basic rules? Then bet your cash as that’s what professional players do!
- Do not stop betting in any case. Set a gambling limit? You will never win like this! Don’t think that you need money for some other purposes apart from gambling and take big risks until you hit the jackpot!
- Ignore bonuses. They are not going to help you to hit the jackpot. So what is the purpose of claiming them then? Remember that you came for a big win. Forget about some little rewards you can get.
- Fully rely on a jackpot tracker. Why would you spend your time checking info by yourself? Jackpot trackers guarantee that you will win a crazy amount of money soon. Just trust them.
- Do not waste your time trying to find a reliable casino. They are all good! Plus, it doesn’t really matter where you gamble. The main thing is the immense size of the jackpot.
Whatever strategy and tools you use for hunting for a jackpot, the chances are still not very high. Otherwise, the world would be full of millionaires and casinos that went bankrupt. However, it does not mean that you have no chances to hit the jackpot at all. Moreover, you can increase your chances by choosing the right game for playing — and I’m always here for you to help. Follow the steps in my guide and win big!