Sportsbook casinos are casinos in which players can wager on certain types of sports, such as football, hockey, baseball, greyhound racing, hockey, soccer, rugby, mixed martial arts, boxing, and horse racing. This casino type is somewhat similar to roulette casino given that gamblers predict the outcomes of sporting activities and get paid according to their stakes if the predictions come through. A sportsbook casino charges a certain percentage, more like commission on winning bets. In Europe and other places, a sportsbook casino is popularly known as 'bookmakers', sometimes called 'bookies'. In North America, however, this casino type is called 'books'. Sportsbook casinos have the in-play feature that allows players to place bets on games that are being played already, as long as the game has not exceeded its defining moments yet.
Online Casinos VS Sports Betting Sites
An online casino is a site that offers many gambling options, for example, roulette casinos. A sports betting site meanwhile offers only sport games for gamblers. In the United Kingdom, statistics show that online casinos have performed much better than sports book sites, with the estimated growth from the 21st century to 2015 at 8% and 5% for online casinos and sports betting sites respectively. Also, sports betting sites slightly declined from 14% to 13.9% between 2007 - 2014, while online casinos appreciated 32% to 35.1% during the same period. However, that does not tell the whole story. Final reports show that sports betting sites are accountable for 70% of the mobile gambling industry and 50% of the global online betting.
Getting started on sports betting sites is straightforward and easy. You only need to understand the basics of gambling and the sport type that you intend to wager on. This is not to undermine the importance of familiarizing yourself with other relevant information but a little here, and there is enough for getting started.
The same applies to online casinos, too: easy and straightforward. In this instance, however, what you should have basic knowledge of would be the game you're interested in playing. Some examples are live roulette, slots, poker and many more.
Gone are the days when players had limited choices on sports betting sites. Now, there are hundreds of games and options you can wager on. Taking football as an example, betting options for a single game are 115 in number, and they include 1st half result, 1st half total goals, odd or even total goals, 1st half-correct score, goal handicap, full-time total goals and both teams to score.
Online casinos are anything but behind. Certain online casinos have up to 500 choices for a particular game. There are huge stacks of games, such as blackjack, bingo, and poker, along with a vast array of betting options. Taking UK poker as an example, there are Hold 'em, Omaha High, Omaha Hi-Lo, Razz, Seven Card Stud and Five Card Draw.
Both sports betting sites and online casinos have limitless opportunities for winnings. In legal sites, you can gamble on countless options and earn huge without any unnecessary stress. To win in both, all you have to do is understand the games and know the right betting strategies to employ in all situations.
Types Of Sports Betting
There are several sports betting designed to fulfil the needs or wants of all gamblers. Each type is profitable and enjoyable if played with the appropriate strategy. They are:
This is the fundamental and most popular form of sports betting. In games such as football and basketball, this is the most common betting type. A spread line is set, sometimes called betting line, and you have the option of placing your bet on the favourite to win or the underdog too. If you bet on the favourite, your potential winning is low, but if it's the underdog, your potential winning is much higher. In this betting type, you only win when your selected team wins. When the match ends in a tie, the term used is 'push', and you have neither won nor lost.
Total Line Bets:
This comes right after straight bets in the pecking order. This betting type fixes a number of the estimated scoreline of the game, and you're either betting 'over' or 'below'. You may win more when you bet over and can also win more when you bet lower. It all depends on the odds. There is also the option of betting on each half of the match.
Money Line Bets:
The money line bet involves giving a team a straight win without any betting line. The risk in this betting type is the amount you have to wager to earn a particular sum on the favourites as well as the underdog. The money line is available for all bet but is more common in hockey and baseball. For example, if Manchester United are favourites at home against Tottenham (the underdog), the money line would likely read Manchester (+120) vs. North London (-135). That means you stand to make £120 on a £100 bet on a Tottenham victory while, on the other hand, you would have to risk £135 to win £100 on a Manchester United's win.
This betting type is usually recommended for gamblers uncertain of a game's outcome. The head-to-head bet is available for games involving more than two competitors, such as golf and NASCAR. You can bet only two competitors though, placing a bet on the head-to-head results of the both sides. Often, a money line is attached to the competitors to handicap the match. Whichever competitor finishes in a better position wins.
Steps To Choosing A Good Sportsbook Casino
The steps to select a good sportsbook casino are the same you would take if you were playing on a live roulette casino. They are:
- Check License: This is the most important in the list. Sports book is not immune from operators looking to make quick profits. In order not to bet on a rogue casino, you must check for licenses. Ensure that you conduct all license checks before selecting a sportsbook casino. Software by reputable producers are expensive and hence cannot be afforded by rogue sites. Furthermore, legitimate software companies regulate the casinos under them to ensure fairness to all parties. Any erring casino will have its licenses revoked. Do note that the best casinos have all the necessary licenses.
- Contact support: Obviously, this matters a lot too. The customer service of a sportsbook casino must be considered before settling for it. The support channel should be easily accessible, easy to use, swift and effective. It is also excellent if the channels are many, so players have the liberty of using the preferable method.
- See withdrawal times and limits: Making withdrawals from online betting platforms is not as easy as depositing. This is why it is necessary to go for a sportsbook casino with a fair number of withdrawal times as well as considerable limits. Avoid sites with lengthy withdrawal periods or unreasonable restrictions. Choose a website that is tailored to meet your needs. A casino with a lot of withdrawal options is highly recommendable.
- Read casino reviews: One of the best steps to select an appropriate sportsbook casino is to read and analyse reviews. Review opinions from gamblers and third-party websites and put them to good use. Of course, it is only logical that you select a site with positive reviews and avoid the ones with negative ratings.
Sports Betting On Mobile
Sports betting on mobile is the same as online betting. It has the following benefits:
- Convenience: With sports betting available on your device, it has become convenient to bet. You can bet anytime and anywhere. The convenience afforded by mobile sports betting is unparalleled.
- Swiftness: The availability of sports book on your devices makes betting swift and without delay. This is understandable given that you are not required to go to any location to place bets.
- Depositing and Withdrawal Ease: The processes of making deposits and withdrawals are made easier with the use of mobile devices. All you have to do is select 'deposit' when you want to and 'withdraw' in cases of withdrawals.
The argument against sports betting on mobile is that a gambler may make mistakes and end up selecting the wrong betting option or variety, mainly if he is not familiar with the terminologies used in sportsbook casinos.
Sportsbook Casinos - FAQs
Are Sportsbook Casinos Safe For players from the UK?
Yes, sportsbook casinos are safe for UK players. They are safe for all players. As long as you're playing on a verified and licensed platform, you are assured of your winnings.
Is There A Limit To My Winnings On Sportsbook Casinos?
No, there is no limit to your winnings on these casinos. Your winnings are determined by your bets, odds, and bonuses.
Is There Any Special Restriction On Sportsbook Casinos?
No, there isn't. What matters to bet on sportsbook casinos is to be of age. The legal age in the United Kingdom and many other countries is 18, and 21 in certain countries.
Is Sports Betting Legal In the UK?
Yes, sports betting is legal in the UK. No law forbids sportsbooks in the United Kingdom.