Sportsbook casinos are casinos in which players can wager on certain types of sports, such as football, hockey, baseball, greyhound racing, hockey, soccer, rugby, mixed martial arts, boxing, and horse racing. This casino type is somewhat similar to roulette as the one needs to predict outcomes of sporting activities and can win according to the stakes. A sportsbook casino may charge a commission on winning bets. Sportsbook casinos are also known as 'bookmakers', or 'bookies'.
Online Casinos and Sports Betting Sites
An online casino is a site that offers many gambling options, from roulette and slots to bingo while a sports betting site offers only sport bitting option for their gamblers. In the United Kingdom, statistics show that online casinos are more popular than sportsbook sites.
Today there are hundreds of games and options you can wager at sport book casinos. Football, for example, has about 115 betting options for a single game and may include 1st half result, 1st half total goals, odd or even total goals, 1st half-correct score, goal handicap, full-time total goals and both teams to score.
Types Of Sports Betting
There are several most known sports betting casino types which are described below:
This is the fundamental and most popular form of sports betting. In games such as football and basketball, this is the most common type. A spread line, also known as betting line, is where you can place your bet on your favourite or on the underdog. If you bet on the favourite, your potential winning is low, but if it's the underdog, your potential winning is much higher.
In this betting type, you only win when the team you selected wins. When the match ends in a tie, it is a 'push', which means that you have neither won nor lost;
Total Line Bets:
This is the second most known betting type of sportsbook casino. Here you have two options you can either bet Total Over or Total Under. Your winning depends on the odds. There is also the option of betting on each half of the match.
Money Line Bets:
The money line bet involves giving a team a straight win without any betting line. The risk here is that the amount you have to wager to earn a particular sum on the favourites as well as the underdog. The money line is more common in hockey and baseball. To help you understand better, here is the example, if Manchester United are favourites at home against Tottenham (the underdog), the money line would likely read Manchester (+120) vs. North London (-135). That means you stand to make £120 on a £100 bet on a Tottenham victory while, on the other hand, you would have to risk £135 to win £100 on a Manchester United's win.
This betting type is usually recommended for gamblers uncertain of a game's outcome. The head-to-head bet is available for games involving more than two competitors, such as golf and NASCAR. You can bet only two competitors though, placing a bet on the head-to-head results of both sides. Often, a money line is attached to the competitors to handicap the match. Whichever competitor finishes in a better position wins.
Steps To Choosing A Good Sportsbook Casino
The steps to select best sportsbook casino are the same you would take if you were playing on any other casino. They are:
- Check License: In order not to bet on a rogue casino, you must check for licenses. Ensure that you conduct all license checks before selecting a sport book casino. Software by reputable producers are expensive and hence cannot be afforded by rogue sites. Furthermore, legitimate software companies regulate the casinos under them to ensure fairness to all parties. Any erring casino will have its licenses revoked. Do note that the best casinos have all the necessary licenses.
- Contact support: Obviously, this matters a lot too. The customer service must be considered before settling for it. The support channel should be easily accessible, easy to use, swift and effective.
- See withdrawal times and limits: Making withdrawals from online betting platforms is not as easy as depositing. This is why it is necessary to go for a sportsbook casino with a fair number of withdrawal times as well as considerable limits. Avoid sites with lengthy withdrawal periods or unreasonable restrictions. Choose a website that is tailored to meet your needs. A casino with a lot of withdrawal options is highly recommendable.
- Read casino reviews: One of the best steps to select an appropriate sportsbook casino is to read and analyse reviews. Review opinions from gamblers and third-party websites and put them to good use. Of course, it is only logical that you select a site with positive reviews and avoid the ones with negative ratings.
Sports Betting On Mobile
- Convenience: With sports betting available on your device, it has become convenient to play. You can bet anytime and anywhere.
- Swiftness: The availability of sports book on your devices makes betting swift and without delay.
- Depositing and Withdrawal Ease: The processes of making deposits and withdrawals are made easier with the use of mobile devices. All you have to do is select 'deposit' when you want to and 'withdraw' in cases of withdrawals.
The argument against sports betting on mobile is that a gambler may make mistakes and end up selecting the wrong betting option or variety, mainly if he is not familiar with the terminologies used in sportsbook casinos.
Sportsbook Casinos – FAQs
Are Sportsbook Casinos Safe For players from the UK?
As long as you're playing on a verified and licensed platform, you are assured of your winnings, sportsbook casinos are safe for UK players.
Is There A Limit To My Winnings On Sportsbook Casinos?
No, there is no limit to your winnings. Your winnings are determined by your bets, odds, and bonuses.
Is There Any Special Restriction On Sportsbook Casinos?
No, there isn't. What matters to bet on sportsbook casinos is to be of age. The legal age in the United Kingdom and many other countries is 18.
Is Sports Betting Legal In the UK?
Yes, sports betting is legal in the UK. No law forbids sportsbooks in the United Kingdom.