- Launched 14.Sep.2020
- Software Real Time, Visionary iGaming
- Licenсes Curaçao
- Launched 06.Sep.2020
- Software NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution, NextGen, Pragmatic Play
- Licenсes UKGC
- Launched 05.Sep.2020
- Software Betsoft, Playson, Iron Dog, Habanero, Tom Horn
- Licenсes Panama
- Launched 13.Jul.2020
- Software NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution, Play'n GO, Elk
- Licenсes UKGC, MGA
- Launched 04.May.2020
- Software NetEnt, NextGen, Thunderkick, NYX Group, IGT
- Licenсes UKGC, Gibraltar
- Launched 19.Apr.2020
- Software NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution, NextGen, Pragmatic Play
- Licenсes UKGC, MGA
Best Mobile Casinos in the UK
Can you imagine your life without a smartphone now? Communication, financial operations, shopping, travelling and so on – everything can be done with these little helpers. Moreover, you are probably reading this article from one of them. Gambling world does not stand aside from digital progress. Today, almost every online casino has a mobile version of its website or an app to download. This is great because today to play your favourite casino, you just need your smartphone and an internet connection.
How to Find the Best Mobile Casinos in the UK
However, the wide selection of options might scare non-expert gamblers. Trust my experience. Numerous gamblers-beginners opt for the first website they see and then regret it for many reasons. But it is essential to know how to choose the casino that will be convenient to play mobile, and also which will offer regular or additional benefits for its users.
I recommend doing some research first. Or seek expert advice, at least. I have tested top-rated gambling websites in terms of their mobile performance and overall gaming experience. Now I can share some insights on how to select a suitable mobile casino. Here’s my step-by-step guide for passionate players.
Suppose you do not have much time to study my guide to evaluate various websites. In that case, you can check my top casinos, pick the most attractive to you and start playing in no time.
Step 1: Check platforms the mobile casino is compatible with
Picking mobile casinos instead of desktop ones has numerous perks. Starting with the portability and convenience of having the entire casino in your hands and ending with more options in terms of technical preferences. And when the first part is clear and understandable to most people, even non-gamblers, the second one is a bit complicated.
The thing is that mobile gambling is more diverse when it comes to choosing the platform. First of all, you can find the casino apps compatible with your device, whether it is an iPhone, Android-powered device, or Windows phone. There are even more, but these are the most popular, that is why I mention them here. You can play on your iPad or other tablets, and this will be mobile gambling too. There are also cross-platform websites which you can play equally well on your PC or via the mobile browser thanks to the HTML5 technology.
Most of the decent online casinos have adaptive websites and instant play games, which perform well on any device via mobile or desktop browser. In fact, this still remains the only option to the gamblers with Windows phones. To check the quality of this feature, you just need to compare the interface elements, functions and game selection on several devices to make sure everything works equally fine.
With special applications, things are a bit complicated. On the one hand, they are more convenient. Apps give you instant access to your favourite gambling houses. On the other hand, there are special requirements from the app markets’ authorities. Android and iOS casino apps are in the highest demand.
Mobile casinos for Android
Unlike iOS, Android platform powers a much more comprehensive selection of devices from various brands. It has a wider market share in mobile gambling compared to iOS (about 60% to 20%). That is why it is useful for an online casino to develop the app for downloading via Google Play. Top-rated operators provide cutting-edge applications for the ultimate gambling experience and ensure regular updates to them and their game and bonus databases.
Google Play is a more welcoming setting for mobile casinos and gambling with real money. But operators must develop apps in compliance with Google requirements.
iOS casino applications
iPhone nowadays is one of the most popular and widespread mobile phones. Its operating system also powers Apple tablets – iPads. In both cases, gamblers can enjoy mobile casinos via apps available for both iPhone and iPad users.
Since September 3, 2019, there are only native apps for mobile casinos on the App Store. Before there were HTML5 applications wrapped in the iOS compatible shell. That had led to a doubtful performance. However, today you are guaranteed to have the top-notch gaming experience via the iOS app.
Apple has stricter requirements considering all its products and gambling apps in particular. Despite the smaller market share, iOS mobile casino applications are regulated more precisely. This means it is unlikely to bump into the one that does not meet the basic requirements considering interface, game performance, and in-app purchases.
It seems like it is impossible to find a universal online casino. I mean, the one that will be suitable for any device via a mobile browser version and have decent Android and iOS app at the same time. But Mr Green casino achieved this level of quality. Check its mobile features or download the compatible app.
Step 2: Estimate the level of online mobile casino security
Even though fortune favours the bold, I always tell my readers that gambling with your safety, you will definitely lose. Never opt for a casino without checking its licence. Moreover, make sure the seals of approval are valid, even in your regular casinos. This is what you should do regardless of what type of casino you play: desktop or mobile.
Lucky to UK players, mobile gambling websites are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission as good as any other type of online casinos. So, the active seal of its approval is a good sign in terms of security and overall gambling experience.
However, in terms of mobile casinos, I want to point out some unique aspects of security measures. They do not depend on the casino website itself or gambling checking agencies. This is what the gambler should take care of while planning to gamble mobile:
- 🔋Smartphone battery capabilities. Keep in mind that mobile apps (casino, browser, etc.) usually require a lot of power and the phone battery discharges faster. That is when you risk losing your progress in the game in case the phone shuts down. That is why always have a socket or other power source and charger nearby while gambling. And never let your phone discharge lower than 20%.
- 📶Internet connection. Playing online casino means you need to have internet access. But mobile gambling is a bit trickier compared to playing on your PC. Smartphone or tablet owners can also use the mobile data connection while playing on the go or public Wi-Fi spots for other situations. In the first case, make sure you currently have a stable cell connection and enough data to use during the gaming sessions. When it comes to Wi-Fi, be careful with public spots, which are often unsecured, because they can open access to your casino account and payment info. To me, the best way to play mobile casino is at the comfort of your home ;-).
- 🔐Password safety. When you register or sign in to the casino, your mobile phone might offer you to save the password. This feature makes it quicker and easier to run the apps and websites you use more often. However, in terms of safety measures, do not save your account data, especially when other people can get access to your device.
As soon as you have powered your battery and ensured the secure and stable WI-Fi internet connection, I recommend you to try out the Trada casino. It is licensed, UKGC-approved, and has a seamless mobile performance.
Step 3: Look out for the best mobile casinos with a wide game selection
A frequent issue mobile players face is the limitations in the game selection. This is particularly noticeable when a gambler decides to switch from the desktop version of the website. This happens because some casinos still keep the games powered by outdated software. Sometimes, the mobile apps cannot support the complete selection of games the casinos have. If your favourite games and activities are present in the mobile casino, then fine. But if you plan to combine desktop and mobile gambling, make sure that the games you play the most are available everywhere. Respectable houses use HTML5 coding to ensure the games work across suitable mobile devices.
Another thing is when mobile casino players cannot get access to the live dealer games. But this is not fair. We all want to to feel like we are in a real casino once in a while. Even if we choose to play in a mobile casino.
On this step, I would recommend Casiplay. This casino has one of the biggest selections of games. You can play mobile over 900 casino games and more than 100 live dealer options.
Step 4: Choose mobile casinos to deposit by phone bill
Usually, on this stage of picking the best casinos, I point out the importance of a wide choice of payment methods. It is evident that many men, many minds, and we all have our preferences considering this feature. But in this article, I want to focus on specific options available for mobile casino players.
- Pay by phone. This feature makes it possible for gamblers of a mobile casino to pay with phone credit when they want to deposit. The beauty of this option is that you do not have to disclose your personal and payment data. It is a safe and convenient alternative to card payment.
- Apple Pay is another payment method convenient for mobile gambling. It uses your funds from the debit cards added to your iWallet. Sure, only iPhone or iPad users can use it. But for Android fans, there is an alternative – Google Pay. Keep in mind, these payment options might be restricted in some countries. UK players – you are fine :-).
- My recent discovery is that the users of mobile casino apps can deposit with their iTunes credit using Touch ID. This option also might be attractive to the iPhone and iPad players.
- Mobile casinos that accept PayPal are convenient too. PayPal payments can be made on PC or your phone – there is no difference. But when you gamble mobile and use PayPal, the operator that provides the combination of both options is priceless.
Here’s my next recommendation: casino VivaFortunes. Not only it has a wide selection of payment methods, including popular PayPal and debit card options. This is one of the casinos that accept mobile billing, and gamblers can top up their accounts via phone credit. By the way, Apple Pay is also available.
Step 5: Claim beneficial mobile casino bonuses
Both beginners and experienced gamblers like to discover new casinos or change houses to get benefits from the welcome bonuses. This is the sign the casino is interested in new customers and encourages them to keep gambling on their website.
It seems like this is the easiest thing to consider: you just see the numbers in the available welcome bonuses and pick the casino with the biggest one. But it is a tricky thing. While selecting mobile casinos in terms of the welcome offer, you need to take into account the following:
- general terms – welcome bonus can be in cash, matching up your first deposit, or free spins for slots;
- deposit terms – check the minimum deposit for getting the welcome bonus, or maybe you are lucky to find no deposit welcome bonus;
- wagering terms – how many times you need to wager the bonus funds before being able to withdraw your winnings;
- time limits – as a rule, welcome offers are limited in time since the registering, so do not miss the chance to use it;
- the number of games you can play it in – some casinos restrict the game selection to play the welcome funds or spins.
On this step, I can recommend the MrPlay casino’s bonus, because I find it optimum for new customers who just want to try out the other mobile casino website. It is not the biggest, but good enough in terms of time and wagering requirements.
Step 6: Test the quality of casino mobile customer support
When it comes to customer support, some gamblers underestimate its significance. Until they face any troubles, they cannot solve. In that case, people start looking for help on the website. But when they cannot reach the customer support and fix issues fast, the fun of gambling is disrupted.
That is why I always insist on checking the quality and availability of the customer service before depositing and playing the mobile online casino. The same as with game selection or website interface, you need to make sure that the mobile version of the website provides you with the same number of contact options, including live chat. Usually, this is the fastest way to get a response. In any case, the support team should answer your inquiry within no more than 24 hours.
At PlayKasino, I want to admit highly responsive and friendly customer support managers, who reply fast and with sincere desire to help. However, in all mobile casinos that I’ve mentioned above this criterion is on the decent level.
New Mobile Phone Casinos
As you can conclude, mobile gambling evolving with giant leaps. New casinos appear very often. Moreover, some operators develop the updated versions of their websites to be compatible with phone or tablet screens. Others work on iOS or Android apps and their updates. Anyway, there is always something new to discover.
Gamblers tend to choose the old and established online casinos. But new houses can be beneficial in terms of bonuses, recent software and top-games selection. If you are interested, you can check out new mobile phone casinos from my list.
Real Money Mobile Casinos
Some people like to play just for fun, occasionally depositing and rarely winning. And it is okay because I always insist on keeping gambling an entertaining, not a burden. However, I admire players who want to play casinos in their true nature. That is when real money mobile casinos become handy. UK players, thanks to the Gambling Commission regulations, have access to the great houses with a variety of games, advantageous bonuses, and generous winnings. You can find casinos with adaptive websites or with downloadable apps for instant entering your favourite gambling place.
Go for the Best Mobile Casinos: Conclusion
You cannot deny that mobile casinos conquer the gambling market today. It is not surprising, though. They are convenient, technologically advanced, and meet current life tempo. Game developers and gambling software providers focus on making their product mobile, even more than desktop. This means that if you want to play the up-to-date casinos, you would probably do it on your smartphone. Following my guide, you will be able to experience enjoyable gambling in top-rated mobile casinos.
Both mobile and desktop casino selection can have a rotten egg. That is why I recommend checking with my blacklisted casinos to know what websites to avoid and why.