As one of the largest card schemes in the world, Mastercard® is among the most commonly used payment methods not only in the UK but also across Europe and beyond. Its seamless and one-click payment experience across online, in-store, and in-app have ensured that most online casinos now accept Mastercard as a valid payment option for both deposits and withdrawals. This page provides punters with all the necessary information about Mastercard along with a list of hand-picked Mastercard Online Casinos that are steadfast, reputable, and trustworthy.
What is Mastercard Payment Method?
Mastercard is a financial service corporation that processes transactions carried out on credit cards operated by a repertoire of banks and other lenders. Everything that isn’t ‘priceless’ can be purchased via Mastercard, or so the advert tells. It may be marketing hype, but there is no denying that Mastercard is a giant of payment processing.
When you see a Mastercard symbol at the bottom corner of your credit card, it simply means that your bank or issuer accepts Mastercard as a facilitator of payments, whether online, in-app, or in-store. It is important to note that Mastercard doesn’t actually issue credit cards, it is simply a method of payment. It relies on the banks, lenders, or other issuers to provide credit cards, and as such, the interest rates, annual fees, and all other charges are imposed by your bank or issuer.
So, when you deposit or withdraw funds using Mastercard it directly reflects on your bank account’s balance. Mastercard only received a small share of the value of the transaction, called the ‘interchange fee’ which is normally applicable to all payment processors in varying amounts. The vast majority of Mastercard numbers are 16-digits long and start with number ‘5’.
Advantages of using Mastercard at Online Casinos
As mentioned previously, Mastercard is among the leading payment methods globally, and quite literally, any reputable online casino will accept deposits (and sometimes withdrawals) made with this payment solution. By choosing a casino site that uses Mastercard, you will benefit from
- Fast Transactions – one of the advantages of funding your online casino account and withdrawing your winning using Mastercard is the speed of transaction. Most deposits take a matter of seconds to be finalized. However, withdrawal times vary with online casinos; some are completed within hours, some may take longer, and some don’t even offer withdrawal options.
- Ease of Use – Mastercard deposits and withdrawals are pretty straightforward. It is only a matter of finding the payment page on your casino site, fill in the various details, and wait for confirmation.
- Secure Payments – Mastercard is completely secure, equipped with ID Theft Protection software powered by CSID which helps in detecting and resolving any form of identity theft and cybercrime activities at no extra cost.
- Accepted Everywhere – generally speaking, Mastercard is accepted nearly in every country and by nearly all online casino merchants. Whether you are playing in the UK, or away on your travels, rest assured that funding your account won’t be a huge hassle.
- Huge Deposits – in most cases, Mastercard allows you to deposit bulk cash without many restrictions. This is not normally the case with most online payment methods, especially the e-Wallets.
- Fantastic Customer Service – in case you encounter a problem with your Mastercard transaction, you are afforded a number of choices to get your issue resolved. Firstly, you can contact your online casino to see your query fixed. Secondly, you can contact your bank to resolve the matter from that end, and if need be, Mastercard has a team of dedicated customer staff ready to serve you via direct phone contact or email.
Disadvantages of Using Mastercard at Online Casinos
While using Mastercard is hugely advantageous, it also comes with a number of limitations. Some of these include:
- Withdrawal Limitations – Mastercard is commonly used as a deposit option, and rarely as a means of withdrawal.
- Charges May Sometimes Apply – depending on your online casino, and the type of card you use, a small transactional fee may sometimes apply.
Step by Step Guide to Using Mastercard at Casinos Online
Deposit Using Mastercard
Depositing funds to an online casino is simple and untroubling as outlined in this guide.
Step 1: Select the Casino of Your Choice
With the help of our selected online casinos, choose one online casino that satisfies your gaming needs. Our experts at Stroke of Luck have covered hundreds of sites and prepared a top list that highlights the very best in the industry.
Step 2: Create an Account
Once you’ve carefully selected a casino of your liking, you’ll need to set up an account.
Step 3: Find the Payment Page
After creating an account, navigate your way into the payment page and select Mastercard from the cashier’s list of banking methods. If you already have an online casino account, this is where you start.
Step 4: Fill in the Required Information
Once you click on Mastercard as your selected deposit method, a form will appear, and you will be required to provide various card information. This most likely will include, card number (on the face of the card), expiry date, CVC security code (at the back of your card), the name of the cardholder, and billing address of the cardholder. This is also the step you key in the amount you wish to deposit to your casino account.
Step 5: Wait for Confirmation
Once you’ve provided all the correct information, and the amount you wish to deposit doesn’t exceed the amount in your bank account, the transaction will be approved. The deposit process will normally take a few seconds or minutes to complete. To play, log on to your online casino and start wagering on your preferred casino games.
Withdrawing Using Mastercard
Most online casinos don’t allow withdrawals using Mastercard, but if they do, follow these steps to complete your withdrawal request:
Step 1: Navigate the Casino’s Withdrawal Page
Navigate your casino’s withdrawal page, and as the rule of thumb, select Mastercard as you preferred withdrawal option.
Step 2: Enter Withdrawal Amount and Card Information
Once you’ve selected Mastercard as your withdrawal option, a form will pop up requiring you to key in the amount you wish to withdraw along with card details. Key in these details and submit. It is always important to check your withdrawal limit before withdrawal.
Step 3: Check Your Bank Account Balance to Confirm Withdrawal
Once you’ve completed the previous two steps, you’ll have to wait for the amount requested to reflect on your account balance. The time and amount to withdraw largely vary among online casinos. It is, therefore, important to always check the withdrawal limits along with withdrawal times before choosing a payment method for your online casino.
Mastercard – Safety and Security
Security is right at the heart of Mastercard’s story. There is a whole range of security features and safety tools built into your card to ensure that issues of fraud and theft are kept at bay. So, whenever you make a deposit or withdrawal using Mastercard, you should trust that your credentials along with your money are safe and secure. With features such as Mastercard ID Theft Protection, Chip Technology, and Zero Liability Protection, Mastercard ensures all punters can have peace of mind with all their financial transaction in and out of their online casino accounts.
Mastercard Casinos – FAQs
What is Mastercard Casino?
A Mastercard Casino is an online casino that accepts Mastercard as either a deposit or a withdrawal payment option or both. All the standard procedures for a credit card are required for you to make a deposit or withdrawal in an online casino using Mastercard, including identity verification, card number verification, and proper credit rating.
Am I Safe Paying Online with my Mastercard?
Yes. Mastercard is equipped with sophisticated, state-of-the-art tools and technologies to monitor, detect, and prevent fraud and identity theft at every step of depositing and withdrawal processes.
Are there Any Restrictions Gambling with Mastercard?
There aren’t many. However, it is worth noting that while many online casinos accept Mastercard deposits, most don’t support Mastercard withdrawals.
Can I Use a Prepaid Mastercard?
Yes. This is absolutely fine provided you have enough funds to deposit to your online casino. A Mastercard will always be acceptable in most of the best UK casinos from our list, whether debit, credit, or prepaid.
Can I Switch to Another Payment Method After First Using Mastercard?
Yes. Once you’ve used Mastercard to deposit or withdraw funds in and out of your online casino, you can switch to other payment methods whenever you feel like. Rarely will you find an online casino that imposes such a restriction?
Will I Pay Charges Depositing and Withdrawing Using Mastercard?
Sometimes. This all depends on the online casino you register with. Some online casinos will incorporate a small deposit or withdrawal fee, some won’t.
Is Mastercard the Best Payment Choice for Online Casinos?
One of the best. Given its reputation, outstanding track record, safety, and transaction promptness, Mastercard is definitely one of the recommended payment options in the online gambling industry.