Boku is a modern mobile payment option that is available at many online casinos these days, especially within the UK. Boku was founded in 2009 and allows anyone with a mobile phone to make payments online without having to use a credit or debit card. The ability to bypass the banking system and make payments via a mobile network is revolutionary for the world of online gaming.
That's why we at Stroke of Luck carefully select each of the online casinos on our list to provide you with the best payment methods to suit your needs as a player. To give you more insight into what Boku is all about, have a look below for our in-depth analysis.
What is Boku payment method?
Boku is a mobile payment method that is available at many UK online casinos and enables players to deposit funds into their account using their mobile number. Players do not need to enter their credit or debit card details and the amount is added to the mobile phone bill. It is really that simple.
Advantages of using Boku at online casinos
Like with all payment methods, there are some pros and cons that are associated with each option. Let's take a look at the advantages of using Boku at best UK casinos online in 2019.
- You do not need to have a credit card or a bank account in order to make payments with Boku.
- Transactions at Boku casinos can be kept confidential without needing to make deposits via the bank.
- Boku is a safe, secure and trusted payment method.
- Using a mobile network and eliminating credit or debit cards allows payments via Boku to be fast.
- Payments made with Boku are 100% free and instant.
Disadvantages of using Boku at online casinos
As with most great payment methods, there is also some shortcoming to take note of. We list the disadvantages of Boku below to give you a bigger picture of how it all works.
- Since payments are added to the player’s mobile phone bill, there is no way for a player to make withdrawals using this same method. You will need to select a different payment option for making withdrawals.
- Boku was originally intended for use with small transactions and therefore there is a daily deposit limit of £30.
- Depending on where you live, you may or may not be able to use Boku as your payment method. While Boku is available in over 56 countries, it is not available worldwide.
- Using the Boku payment method will not provide as many promotions or rewards as other payment methods might.
Step by step guide to using Boku at casinos online
Getting started with Boku is an absolute breeze. All you have to do is simply follow these easy steps below to get going with Boku.
Depositing with Boku
- Login to your account at your chosen online casino.
- Navigate to the Cashier section and select ‘deposit’.
- Select the ‘Boku’ or ‘pay by mobile’ option.
- You will be redirected to the Boku payment page.
- Enter the deposit amount and your phone number.
- Authenticate your phone number using the PIN code sent via text.
- You will then be sent a text message to which you must respond with ‘Y’ in order to confirm the transaction.
Withdrawing money with Boku
Unfortunately, the biggest disadvantage of the Boku payment method is the inability to make withdrawals. You will, therefore, need to select an alternative payment method when making withdrawals.
Boku – Security
You can rest assured when using Boku to make payments at online casinos as it is one of the safest and most secure payment options. As such, you do not need to release any valuable banking or credit card information in order to use the service and this eliminates the potential of credit card fraud. Although not being able to make withdrawals with Boku is commonly seen as a drawback; when it comes to security, it is in fact an added advantage since no funds can be taken from your mobile account.
Boku Online Casinos – FAQ
Does Boku work with prepaid mobile accounts?
Yes. If you are using Boku with a prepaid mobile account, simply ensure that your mobile account is credited with the value you wish to deposit into your online casino account.
When will my funds be reflected in my online casino account?
Once the transaction is complete, the funds will instantly be deposited into your casino player account.
What if there is an issue with my Boku transaction?
Boku provides a 24/7 customer support service that has received very good reviews.
Do I need to sign up or register an account to use Boku?
No, you do not need to register an account to use Boku. You can simply make use of your mobile account bill and payments are made quickly and instantly.
How do I find an online casino that accepts Boku as a payment method?
Simply check out our list of Boku casinos with ratings and reviews. You will find that many casino sites are now adding Boku to their list of banking methods to keep up with the demand for new and trusted options.